Friday 22 May 2020

Stand Up Paddle Boarding - Never Tried It? You Should!

Nobody has ever accused me of becoming especially stylish or coordinated. When I have the opportunity to do Stand Up Paddle Boarding for the very first time, I was nervous and excited. Yes they had good gear in a gorgeous place - but the ideal tool they'd to make me feel comfortable was their complete joy and unwavering confidence that I'd have the ability to encounter board without embarrassing myself or taking a visit into the hospital.

Among the greatest things about the Florida Keys is how near you are to character when you are here. That fact was apparent when a manatee came drifting by because we were getting the paddle boards at the water. I'd have missed the large, lumbering swimmer together, but Nick has an eye to the exceptional wildlife in the Keys and made sure that I got a fantastic look.



I will confess to being anxious when Nick pulled the paddle board and advised me to measure. He'd gone through all of the directions very attentively, demonstrating everything. He showed me the way to hold the paddle, reassured me I would be able to perform it without a difficulty - but all that dissolved into anxiety as it was time to step off the pier! The trick was to find a excellent broad stance in the middle of the plank and... that was significant.... Do not examine the board. Nick advised me to keep my attention on the horizon which made all of the difference.

We paddled out to the open water, moving slowly so that I could find the hang of it. So frequently in water you are sitting and seated in the water. We remained near shore in the shallow places, which was ideal for my initial encounter board experience and gave me the opportunity to observe a puffer fish and stingray, and plenty of other fantastic sights.

A word of warning, sunlight is quite powerful from the Keys and it's very important to wear sunscreen and also take action to safeguard yourself from sunlight. I introduced a pair of cheap sunglasses - - a couple I did not mind watching disappear in the water when it came to this. In case you've got a reasonable complexion, then I'd suggest wearing a t-shirt and hat, simply to be extra cautious. Nothing could ruin a fantastic time quicker than a sunburn and paddle boarding puts you outside in sunlight standing up. Taking extra measures to protect your shoulders and face ought to be a part of getting prepared for the first paddle board trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment